Thursday, October 1, 2009

quotables

My job involves working directly with people. People, no matter what the age, are always interesting. I've only been at my job for 3 weeks now, but I've already been told some pretty funny things. I thought I'd record some of them here to give myself a way to "keep track" of them...

1. First day seeing patients, the first patient I go see: We're working on swallowing therapy, and this particular patient requires thickened liquids. He hasn't said much of anything for the whole session, but as I'm about to leave he pipes up: "Next time, bring thickened beer." Me: "Sir, I'd love to, but I think you'll have to talk to your doctor about that." Patient: "I bet doctor come drink beer with me." Whatever you say, sir...

2. 6 year-old boy, in the middle of speech evaluation: "I was gonna tell you somefing but I not supposed to...but I gonna anyways." (I'm expecting some major secret his mom or dad have asked him to keep.) "I have six Stah Wahs moobies." :)

3. 8 year-old girl, when asked what kind of music she likes: "Well, there's this one song that's kind of in the middle." Me: "What song?" Girl: "Baby Got Back. That and Bad to the Bone." Seriously?

4. 3 year-old in the waiting room: Picks up the phone in front of the secretary's desk and says "Hello Batman!" He then said it was for me and handed me the phone to take a message.

This is only 3 weeks in, I'm sure there will be many more quotables to come!

No comments:

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP